Welcome to Swarthmoor Hall
Swarthmoor Hall has been described as a hidden gem. The historic, peaceful and beautiful setting of the Hall provides a very special environment whatever the purpose of your visit or stay. Whether you are:
- participating in one of our retreats, workshops or special events
- visiting the Hall’s historic rooms and finding out about its fascinating history as the birth place of Quakerism
- walking in our beautiful gardens & grounds, or pausing for cup of tea or fresh coffee and a slice of cake
- taking time out to relax and enjoy a short break in the scenic Lake District using the Hall’s comfortable and varied accommodation as your base
- connecting with early Quaker people, places and experiences and exploring how they speak to us today
We look forward to welcoming you to Swarthmoor Hall!